107.7 WIVK and the world-famous Cotton Eyed Joe have teamed up to present Homegrown Live at the Joe, a talent search for the top local artists in a battle of the bands! Each week, bands will face off in live competition at the Joe, vying for cash prizes and the chance to compete for the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winners get a production package from Stellar Visions & Sound valued at $3,500 and $2,500 cash!
- January 24
- January 31
- February 7
- February 21
- February 28
- March 7 – Grand Finale
HOW IT WORKS
Three bands will be selected to perform for each performance date. One winner will be chosen each week to then compete for the Grand Prize on March 7. The audience will determine the winners of the weekly competitions. Three judges will determine the Grand Prize winner. At the end of the performances a WIVK representative will tally the score sheets and the band with the highest overall score will win the Grand Prize.
Weekly winners get:
- 1st place: $200
- 2nd place: $100
- 3rd: place $100 Joe Bucks
The Grand Prize winner gets a production package from Stellar Visions & Sound valued at $3,500 and $2,500 cash!
- Do the songs have to be originals?
- No; while the judges and audience might take this into consideration, it’s not a requirement to sing original songs.
- Can I sing to a track?
- No; the performance either needs to feature live instruments or be sung a cappella.
- Do I have to be a country band/singer?
- No; we invite all genres to submit!
- How many songs will I sing at the Joe if I’m selected for a weekly performance?
- If I am selected for a weekly performance and don’t win, am I automatically disqualified for the Grand Prize?
- No! If you don’t win the weekly performance, you might still be selected for another weekly performance, which keeps you in the running for the Grand Prize.
- I have a question that isn’t listed here.